Sunday, December 27, 2009

What I see... gives me hope..

2009 was a great year for education! It has given me a lot of hope for the future of American Education. My dream is to become a teacher, and the teacher of my niece has inspired me so much!

I became a volunteer in her classroom, and I've gotten so many ideas from her! She is a great teacher. Her classroom is neat and organized, and she plays a lot of games with her students.

There is one student who has a lot of difficulty controlling himself and struggles academically. This teacher has created a whole new learning environment just for him! He has his own procedures for sharpening his pencil, sitting in his seat, etc. She is scaffolding his learning so that in future years, he can function in a regular classroom.

This young child has hope for a brighter future in school. Where he could have moved on, facing years of detention, failed tests, and yelling teachers-- he now has hope for coping and managing his behavior by learning with this fantastic teacher. I hope to be a great teacher one day just like her!

This post is a part of MAT@USC Hope for the holidays event. Did you experience or witness something in 2009 that gave you hope for the future of American education? If so, please see this post for more information on how to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment